Presume or Assume



Presume or Assume

When I wake each day, I presume.

I presume that today will be much like yesterday.

The sun will rise, the oceans will wave.


When I wake each day I presume.

I presume I will procrastinate.

I will drag my feet and bide my time.


On the other hand:


When I wake each day I assume.

I assume that others know my thoughts.

They will know I love them even though I don't tell them.


When I wake each day I assume.

I assume that if you know me you will like me

You will look into my soul and know me.


In the definition of presume and assume,

Presumptions are based upon probability.

 Assumptions are based upon feeling.


Presumptions and assumptions are not cousins.

When you read this, I presume you will understand  even if not interested.

I assume you will find it thoughtful even if not entertaining.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns