Romans 8:32 (New King James)    Paula Day Johns

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

 

It took God some time before he decided to not spare His own Son.  How long had he thought about it?

 For many generations He used blood sacrifices of animals to give people a method of sin relief.  This somehow did not meet God’s approval and He wanted a better way. 

I would imagine that He really did not want to look at the solution, because it would cost Him dearly.  It would require Him to offer His only Son for the salvation of mankind. 

Did He get to the place that He considered mankind may not be worth it?  When He held Christ in one hand and mankind in the other, did He consider that it may not be worth it?

After all, He was God, and it was God who had to be appeased for sin.  He created mankind, it was His option to do whatever He decided to do.

When He began to weigh things out, My Son to die for mankind; mankind that does not serve Me or love Me as opposed to; My Son who will be with me eternally and always do My will?

How long did it take Him to decide not to spare His own Son? 

He decided to deliver Him, drop Him on the planet, allow Him to die the death of a criminal, turn His face away from Him as He was dying, and say, “Here, I have delivered my Son up for you, now that I have done that,  I gave my all for You, how shall I not with Him also freely give you all things?

Since God gave, and Christ willingly suffered the cross death, this allows us to freely receive all things?  What things?  Salvation, healing, abundant life and eternal life. These things are all things.  Amid the Ultimate Gift God gave to us, we also have the Holy Spirit, the comforter and the guide!  What more could be given?  Nothing, the Gift was and is complete.  He gave all and is all.

My Son’s death opened the door for you for eternal life, an abundant life, which includes your need, which includes all things, and this , with Him, I give all things to you freely, because I not only delivered Him to you, I did not save Him from death, I did not spare Him from the death on the cross, because I love you so much I gave Him, my only Son to you that you may have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus knew the sacrifice God made, He knew the sacrifice He made, both gave us an open door to repentance and everlasting life and a life well lived on this earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns