No Regrets Please


I decided some time ago that I would not live or die with regret. I decided that each day would be a day that I choose to do what I feel is the best decision.

 I must say that many times those decisions have come with great tension. Do I do this or do I do that? Which decision will be the best choice. The main thing about making a daily choice is that once a decision has been made, it must be one that is without regret.

 It may not produce all you wanted it to produce, but at the end of the day there are three things we must be able to say:
 I made a decision today based on the premise that:
 
1. I listened for divine input on the decision.
 2. I stood by the decision.
 3. I executed the plan. 

 Once all those things are done there can be no regret even though at times, in retrospect, we see that a different decision may have produced a different result. We must be true and supportive of ourselves as having made a thoughtful decision. 

 The regret usually comes in when there has been no calculation of outcomes of different decisions. Impulsive behavior can be counterproductive to a sane lifestyle. That can usually bring regret. But if each day and it's agenda is divinely calculated (by that I mean we get direction from the divine teacher, the Holy Spirit) and we support and execute, then there is no need for regret, no matter what the outcome. 

 There are things that I can see in retrospect that do appear as if a different decision made would have produced a different result and probably a better result, but that would change my destiny. My destiny is a catapulting force to bring me to the place I am today. 

A destiny may not always be being a conqueror of the world. A person's destiny can be that they have made daily decisions to live without regret. Have I missed financial opportunities, grandchildren's ballgames, and personal play time? Were there times I was working and doing when I could have been devouring the solitude of a mountain stream? Yes, but I have no regret. If we live our life in regret, we are not living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns

Dancing With My Pillows