The Unexpected Moment


This morning, I found an old Floyd Cramer CD that I have had for years. I had not heard the CD in years but remembered how well Clyde and I loved his music when we dating and married back in the 60's.

  I was busy packing Christmas angels for storage and the melodious sounds of his masterful piano began to spill into our living room.  I am not one to cry very often but I felt this music beginning to squeeze out the tears and it progressively became a sob.

It triggered memories of our young love and how young love is fresh and exciting with so many plans for the future.  I began to think as I sat down on the sofa, sobbing alone, hoping he would hear me from another room, how our love has so much more depth and meaning now after 51 years of marriage, four children, and ten grandchildren later. 

It didn't help any that today is my birthday and I realize in three more years I will enter yet another decade of my life and how swiftly the years are flying and how precious each day is with him now.  It doesn't seem to matter the difficulties we have faced, they are behind us and our love is purer and stronger than ever! 

It shocked me that one of my first thoughts was, this is a real, unexpected moment and decided to go to the computer to share it.  That was what shocked me.  That I wanted to share.  I thought, shouldn't I tell Clyde what I am feeling first.  About that time he came to the computer where I was in deep thought about all the emotions I had felt and I stood up and began to cry again and told him about the song and how it had triggered so many deep memories and feelings.  I lay my head on his shoulder sobbing again, and I heard him sniffle and we held each other so tight and thanked each other for staying together through all the years. 

I suppose when we dried our tears a bit, he had another idea and told me to go sit on the sofa, today just happened to be my birthday and he gave me the most touching and heartfelt card and also a gift that I will get many hours of pleasure from since I spend a lot of time with old photos, family memories, and taking pictures.  It was not a camera, I have a good camera by my amateur  standards, but a digital viewer. 

It is amazing how life can give us those unexpected moments, not all of them are good moments, of course; some unexpected things happen that are not so good, but this unexpected moment when our hearts touched so perfectly, was the best birthday blessing this girl could ever dream of!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns