Psalm 88 11/1/2019


A song, a psalm of the son of Korah.


Verse 1 O Lord, God of my salvation, I have cried out day and night before you.

              
  Psalm 27:9 Do not hide your face from me; do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my help; do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.

                
The writer in the 2 7th Psalm has clearly been helped by calling on our Father.  This 88th psalm begins with a reminder to the God of our salvation that he has cried to Him day and night.

               
 How can we ever expect God to answer prayer if we are so sporadic with our prayers?  A consistency would seem a rather important thing to God.  Seeking Him not only in times of trouble and crisis, but also seeking Him because we just want to be with Him, desiring His presence, giving thanksgiving, loving Him.

               
 One of the things about people that stand out to me is their faithfulness; faithfulness in every aspect of their life.  Those who are loyal to their pastor attend and support their church community by serving and giving financially, persistent in obedience to their call from God.  These things matter to me and why would God not also look at our history to see our walk and answer according to that? 

             
   I suppose God has ample opportunity to hear cries from us when we are in trouble, for there are many troubles people face.  But we so soon seem to forget when He heard our desperate prayer and answered out cry for help, and fall back into a” take it for granted” walk with our Lord.  I grow weary with myself in doing this, sliding back into a routine, not taking advantage of opportunities to serve others.  How weary He must be with us at times.


Verse 2 Let my prayer come before You, incline Your ear to my cry.

                
Incline means to listen.  How fervently we have made a plea to our Father to hear us, to listen to us, to answer!


Verse 3 For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near to the grave.

               
 Psalm 107:18…and they drew near to the gates of death.

               
 This reference is important from verse 17 to 20 in the fact that the souls who had transgressed were afflicted and could not eat, and as they drew near to the gates of death, they cried to the Lord in their trouble and He saved them out of their distresses.  He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

              
  That last line of that reference is enough to make old time Pentecostals run the aisles!  What a hope we have that our Father sends His word, heals and delivers!

                
Humanity can get in a hot mess, but no matter what the extreme mess may be, we can hope and cling to our Lord, Jesus Christ, and our Father, God of our salvation, to heal us and deliver us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns

Dancing With My Pillows