Passing Through

 

I am passing through this life, with all its' joys, goodness, and strife.

I am passing through, only passing through.

When I stopped and looked around, I saw others moving along the ground.

People who are passing through with me, I am not alone, others are going, some seem on a spree.

Some want to make it through quick, they do everything to be done, every trick.

They harm themselves with their lifestyle, never giving a thought to the Christ child.

But I can only do me, I cannot do them.  Each one of us has to decide to pull off the film.

So I look back on my own path, looking ahead, knowing that surely soon all of us will be dead.

I had better get busy, and try to make good, make good things happen, as I know I should.

The upper, the lower, all people go forth, we are the same, each making our choice.

We are all passing through, only passing through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns

Dancing With My Pillows