Psalm 86 A Prayer of David

1. Bow down Your ear, O, Lord, hear me; for I am poor and needy.
2. Preserve my life (soul) for I am holy; You are my god; save Your servant who trusts in You!
Preserve: Strong's #8104 guard, keep, protect
Shamar ( shah mar) a watchman, shepherd, a guard
3. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I cry to You all day long.
4. Rejoice the soul of Your servant, for to You , O lord, I lift up my soul!
5. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant (Hebrew rab (exceedingly) in mercy to all those who call upon You.
Psalm 130:7 O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.

' Let me just stop here and say that David had words to write that keep jumping into our hearts.  How strongly he spoke with such transparency!

In the beginning of this psalm, he makes it clear that he is appealing to the Lord to hear him, guard his soul, and give salvation and mercy!

Redemption flows freely and abundantly to us all.  As we read these words they are so powerful that if we pause, we can feel them seeping into our heart and feel the inner man expand and stretch!

When we find the guardian of our soul abundantly gives mercy and salvation, everything else can stop spinning and we can rest knowing all is well!'

6.  Give ear, O Lord, to my praise; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7.  In the day of trouble I will call upon You for You will answer me.
8.  Among the gods (mighty ones) there is none like You, O Lord; nor are there any words like Your words.
9.  All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and shall glorify Your name.
10.  For You are great and o wondrous things, You alone are God.

Deuteronomy 6:4  Hear O Israel!  The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

11.  Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name.

Psalm 27:11  Teach me Your way, O Lord and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

Psalm 143:8  Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You I do trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You.

Psalm 32:8  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.  I will guide your with My eye.

teach: (yarah-yah rah) Strong's 3384  direct, to instruct, teach, to point, shoot, aim, throw, cast in a straight manner.  Primary meaning is to "shoot straight" "direct the flow".  A derivative is yoreh meaning "rain".

' We have no excuses for our mess ups.  If we hear from God, listen for instructions, follow His teaching and guidance, our steps being ordered, He will also make our path straight.

This means no sidetracking into paths that will get us off center, off schedule, off purpose and cause us loss of time, energy, finances, to get back on course.'

12.  I will praise You, O Lord my God with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.
13.  For great is Your mercy toward me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
14.  O God, the proud have risen against me, and a mob of violent men have sought my life, and have not set You before them.
15.  But You, O Lord are a God full of compassion and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.
16.  Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me!  Give Your strength to Your servant, and save the son of Your maid servant.
17.  Show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, because You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.

sign: 'ot (oat) Strong's # 226 A sign token visible illustration, portent, ensign, signpost, a miracle, a might deed or event

'Give us a sign, Lord, that those who risk against us may see loudly and clearly that You are with me.  A visible sign that will make my enemies ashamed!  David was adamant about wanting God to show others that he had God with Him.  He wanted a message sent to his enemies that God was in his court.

How true that is!  When we feel we have followed Gods' direction, it makes us feel so validated.  When He shows our enemies that He is with us undeniably!

This day and every day may the Lord give His abundant mercy and give us strength for every battle to be fought and make our enem
ies drop their heads in shame!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns