The Photographs I See

The photographs I see, when you are looking back at me, rule my heart.
The intensity of your eyes, when I know what lay behind the sparkle.
The passion for life, and the love you gave to so many.
But saved the best for me.  Your words, your actions, your hugs and squeezes.
Coffee times, reading together, working together, a part of our daily life.
We were so blessed to have what we had.
Now, you are in a different location, physically apart from me.  I feel the void each day.
You left earth working to fulfill the mission.  A persistent, pursuant man on a mission.
I know God could hardly wait to get you back!  They danced
and sang your song.  The song of your arrival.
Sometimes I hear the song faintly, and I smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns