Another Face in the Crowd?

 

Psalm 44:21 says that God knows the secrets of my heart...and your heart.  He knows the secrets of the heart.  

He knows the things we says to no one, even what we think.  This means that he knows ME, my very intentions.  

This makes me wonder if He is pleased with me, what is it that I can change to accommodate the plans God has for me?

Most of us can put on our best face, smile, and go out into the world as if we have it all together.  We can decide how willing we are to let people see us.

My defenses do not work with God, facades are invisible to Him.  How can I hide from the very one who made me. That is like me cooking a pie and not knowing what I put in it.  Job 33:4 says, " The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."  It is sort of ridiculous to even imagine that we can hide ourselves from Him.  

This gift of life is something to be treasured.  The question is, how am I using this gift of life?  Is there a way to do it better?  God took the time to design me in detail.  He designed how I would look, how I would think, how I would laugh.  He actually enjoyed it.  His hands fashioned me ( Job 10:8). He started all of this even before I was formed in the womb ( Psalm 139:13-16).

Since He took the time to be personal with me, since He made us what we are ( Ephesians 2:10), He made us, then He bought us through the death of His son, His only son, does it not make sense that we follow the plan?

What can I tell God about me?  I am not just another face in the crowd. I am uniquely His.  I can know Him through His word, through the Holy Spirit.  I can feel His presence near, the freshness of His breath. the bat of His eye, the nod of His head, the tapping of His feet, the hum of His voice, the smile that parts His lips, the hair that moves in the wind, the feet that are firmly settled at the base of His throne.

I am not just another face in the crowd!  Neither are you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Friend Jo-Ann

I Will Stay in My Walled House Paula Day Johns

Dancing With My Pillows